Required Travel Documents

It is of the utmost importance to bring the required documents for identification to board the ship. Accepted forms of ID depend on nationality.

  • US Citizens must have a US Passport that is valid for at least 6 months after the cruise ends. Those without passports must bring TWO documents – an official US state-issued Birth Certificate AND a gov’t issued photo ID (ex. valid driver’s license).
  • US Permanent Residents must have a United States Permanent Resident Card. Additionally, a passport from your home country is strongly recommended. Click here for additional information.
  • Non-US Citizens must have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months after the cruise ends and the necessary visa for entry into the United States. Visa requirements vary depending on nationality and the country you are sailing from, get guidance here.
  • Click here for more details regarding required travel documents on Royal Caribbean’s website

Special Mentions

  • Please note that hospital Birth Certificates (baby feet Birth Certificates), as well as photocopies or images of any required travel documents are not accepted for boarding.
  • Your name, as listed on your travel documents, must exactly match your name as listed on your cruise documents.
  • No refunds will be given to individuals who fail to bring proper documentation.
  • Although a passport is not required for US citizens taking “closed loop” cruises, we strongly recommend all guests travel with a passport, valid for at least six months beyond completion of the cruise. Having a passport will enable guests to fly from the US to a foreign port in the event they miss their scheduled embarkation or to fly back to the US if they need to disembark the ship mid-cruise due to an emergency.
  • Puerto Rican citizens should review their birth certificates and ensure they are up to date. Puerto Rican birth certificates issued prior to July 1, 2010 are not valid forms of proof of citizenship. The Government of Puerto Rico has partnered with document provider Vital Chek to provide an expedited method for ordering new birth certificates. To apply through this method please visit: Vital Check also offers a bilingual call center available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Processing and shipping fees apply. To apply through this method please call: (866) 842-6765.
  • Family Legal Documents: Adults who are not the parent or Legal Guardian of any minor child traveling with them are required to present the child’s valid passport and visa (if required) or the child’s birth certificate (original or certified copy) and an original notarized letter signed by at least one of the child’s parents. The notarized letter from the child’s parent must authorize the traveling adult to take the child on the specific cruise and must authorize the traveling adult to supervise the child and permit any medical treatment that may need to be administered to the child. If a non-parent adult is a Legal Guardian, the adult must present a notarized certificate of Guardianship with respect to the child.

What Passengers Think

We have been on all RLC’s and they have all been awesome! The lineup is always great!! The musicians are super friendly! Pam and her staff do an excellent job year after year!! Not only is the music great, but the people you met become lifelong friends. This is the best vacation ever! If you haven’t been on one yet, book now….they sell out quick!

Ali & Tony, AWESOME!!!!!! Ali & Tony, AWESOME!!!!!!

Been on them all and booked for the next one. Music is GREAT, people are GREAT. It is definitely the best time ever. The musicians are very friendly and your donation goes for a good cause. Keep up the good work NAHA.

Pam, Words can't explain Pam, Words can't explain