All passengers should visit Royal Caribbean’s website for the latest protocols for guests sailing from the U.S. They will continue to update their website as public health situations evolve. Booked guests also will be provided the latest details prior to sailing. See the Royal Caribbean Healthy Sail Center for the latest info and find answers to questions that are specific to your situation.
In brief, to board Independence of the Seas in Cape Canaveral, Florida, for RLC IX on February 14, 2022, passengers must meet the following requirements:
- Passengers age 12 and older must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose administered at least 14 days before sailing (no later than January 30, 2022). We strongly urge you to visit the Royal Caribbean Healthy Sail Center for details regarding which vaccines are accepted.
- Show a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test result taken no more than 2 days before boarding day. If you plan to board at 2 pm on Monday, February 14, your test should be administered no earlier than 2 pm on Saturday, February 12. Again, the Healthy Sail Center has information regarding which tests are accepted and which ones are not, as well as a few different options available for completing your test.
Tips for a Smooth Boarding
- Your test results must include provider name, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Handwritten doctor’s notes will not be accepted.
- If you receive your test result electronically, after pulling up the result take a screenshot. Certain providers only offer a temporary link to test results and you may be unable to access the information later (via the link provided) when you arrive at the cruise terminal.
- Take photos or screenshots of all documents required for boarding.
- Complete Royal Caribbean’s Online Check In. Enter all information, upload the documents requested and be sure to complete the Health Questionnaire (you’ll receive a request approximately 24 hours prior to boarding).
- Install and use the Royal Caribbean App on your smartphone, as it will have your Set Sail Pass required for entering the cruise terminal and boarding the ship.
- Some hotels in the vicinity of the port are offering rapid antigen testing options for cruisers. Contact your hotel directly for information.