We’re sailing from Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. You will need to have your cruise documents and government-issued photo ID (driver’s license or passport) ready when arriving at the Port’s security checkpoint. For information about parking at the port, directions, or other port questions, please check out the “Cruising” section on the Port Everglades website: http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/
Passenger boarding is from 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm. The gangway goes up at 4:30 pm, so make plans to arrive at the Terminal no later than 4:00 pm. Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport is approximately 15-20 minutes from Port Everglades, depending on traffic, so plan accordingly!
You may wonder why you can’t board before 1:00 pm. It’s because we have A LOT of equipment to load on the ship in an extremely short period of time. For everyone’s convenience and safety, we work very hard to get everything on the ship BEFORE passenger boarding. Safety first!
Passengers arriving before 1:00 pm will have to wait in a “holding area” inside the Terminal until boarding begins and once you are there, you are stuck there until you board the ship. That’s no fun at all!
Passports are not required, but are strongly recommended. If you choose not to bring a passport, you must bring TWO forms of identification: 1) an original, raised-seal, state-issued (not hospital issued) birth certificate AND 2) a driver’s license. The two documents must have matching names. If for some reason the names do not match (ex., marriage, divorce, etc.), you will need a copy of a legal document(s) explaining why (ex., marriage certificate, divorce decree, etc.). Any discrepancies may result in delayed or denied boarding.
– See Required Travel Documents
Important Reminders for a Smooth Embarkation!
- Keep identification and cruise documents handy. Put your passport and SetSail Pass in your carry-on bag. Do not pack them in your luggage. You will need to produce these documents several times before boarding your ship.
- Assist security. Heightened security measures at the Port help to ensure your safety. Please cooperate with security personnel to expedite boarding.
- Tag your luggage. All luggage should have a cruise line tag attached indicating your name and stateroom number. Porters outside the cruise terminal can provide tags and help fill them out. Please be sure to tip your porter!
- Carry valuables. Carry on any valuables, breakables, personal items and medications, along with your passport and cruise documents.
Assistance Boarding the Ship
If you need assistance boarding the ship, please notify us in advance so we may request to have a Royal Caribbean staff member to provide wheelchair assistance. Please be aware that once you are on board the ship there are no wheelchairs available for passenger use. If you would like to have a wheelchair or scooter to use during the cruise, you may bring your own or rent one from an approved wheelchair and scooter rental provider:
- Scootaround: 1-888-441-7575 or visit https://www.scootaround.com/
- Special Needs at Sea: 1-800-513-4515 or visit https://www.specialneedsatsea.com/
Non-folding wheelchairs and scooters will only fit in Handicap Accessible cabins. If you are not in an accessible cabin, your wheelchair must fold. Wheelchairs left in the hallway are considered hazards and will be removed by the ship’s crew. – See Wheelchairs Onboard